We are currently seeking a Compensation/Benefit/HRIS Manager to join our growing Human Resources team. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this role will be building the function from the ground up. The right person will have experience in creating and classifying job profiles and responsibility for the evaluation and analysis of salary data. The Compensation/Benefit/HRIS Manager will create an equitable and competitive salary and benefit package for executives and employees. In addition, this role will be responsible for ensuring a robust benefit offering for all our employees.
- Build a comp model that keeps us competitive in the various markets where we have employees. This includes accurate job descriptions, FLSA classifications, and establishing appropriate salary grades/bands.
- Assess current tools, recommend options and implement the process, tools, and systems involved in formulating the compensation program.
- Collaborate with business partners and management to design a program that supports business progression and growth.
- Classify and categorize job positions according to the level of responsibilities involved.
- Participate in and review market surveys for in-depth analysis on the compensation offered by competitors.
- Make recommendations to improve compensation programs, policies and procedures, based on research and market trends.
- Ensure that employee compensation and benefits are equitable and competitive throughout the organization.
- Review compensation and benefits packages to maintain market positioning.
- Continuously evaluate compensation strategy to ensure market competitiveness and organizational ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Use models and metrics to analyze current job market trends and to predict future trends.
- Research, review and propose bonus and equity plans in accordance with our competitors and market
- Working with other HR team members, and in collaboration with our external benefits broker, ensure a robust/competitive health and welfare program for our employees.
- Responsible for all data records (HRIS). Responsible for assistance in selection of new HCM vendor and successful implementation of this platform by start of third quarter 2016.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.A. in related field, Master’s preferred. CCP/CEBS certification preferred
- 5+ years experience in Compensation, Benefits, HRIS or combination (weighted towards compensation)
- A common sense approach to compensation philosophy
- Strong Excel Skills –v-lookup & pivot table experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Familiarity with compensation surveys and tools used to evaluate compensation packages, particularly in the technology market.
- Strong oral, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience analyzing bonus plans, equity, and alternative compensation.
- Experience in Sales compensation plans
- Experience with ADP, Workday, UltiPro preferred.
- Prior Experience with an emerging technology company preferred.
Wynn B. Schoolnik