Supports retirement and health & welfare benefit plan administration. Acts as liaison between plan vendors and human resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees data transmission and communicates data changes and payroll adjustments to vendors as needed.
- Reconciles monthly retiree and active payroll process including proper funding and expense management. Processes
all accounting transactions relating to health and welfare.
- Coordinates non-discrimination testing requirements and needs with vendors; responds to and coordinates vendor requests for data. Coordinates annual valuation process with vendor and validates results as necessary.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from active, terminated and retired employees, law department and auditors concerning benefit eligibility, plan provisions and benefit calculations.
- Coordinates back office updates to vendor’s system for deferred compensation transactions.
- Coordinates, communicates and administers annual open enrollment period for deferred compensation.
- Acts as liaison between vendors and human resources.
- Identifies, plans, and manages process improvement projects to improve processing performance.
- Monitors compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley risk controls and insures proper controls are in place.
- Manages outstanding items and insures proper resolution; takes proactive approach in managing plan administration.
- Manages data feed changes for vendor systems, including testing and change management.
- Runs gap analysis reports to ensure plans are being administered properly by benefit vendors.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience
- Thorough knowledge of defined contribution, defined benefit plans and health & welfare plans. Knowledge of government regulation impacting said plans. Understands non-qualified retirement plan benefits.
- Proficient in all MS Office products (i.e. Access, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Excellent mathematical aptitude and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and written with employees and plan vendors.
- Ability to effectively present in front of people.
- Excellent organizational skills required with ability to multi-task as needed.
- Ability to problem solve and use resources effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality of all benefit plan and participant data
Interested individuals should apply through the Career Center on the Phoenix Companies website.